An experience in Mr. Mikes gives guests a chance to let their hair down, relax and have some fun. Its a place where you don’t have to be something you’re not, you can just be yourself. It means tasty and affordable creations from our signature steak and Mikeburgers to our home-branded wines and beers. It’s about creating memories, uncontrollable laughs and the charm of warm service.
The restaurant business is all about the people. So we’re always looking for smiling faces with the right blend of smarts and personality to join our team.
Summary of Work Performed
- Commitment to 100% Customer Satisfaction
- Commitment to 100% EXCEPTIONAL DINING EXPERIENCES by following MR. MIKES® philosophy of ‘BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS’.
- Commitment to ensuring all customers concerns or problems are dealt with in a way that will ensure a return visit. Always do what is right to win & keep customers.
- Commitment to creating and maintaining a positive, fun work environment for the entire MR. MIKES® team (staff).
- Training & Development of new staff through relentless follow up using the Customer Experience Manuals.
- Bar (urbanLODGE) management including but not limited to staff training, inventory control (ordering), cost control, security, cleanliness and execution & implementation of all aspects of the urbanLODGE program.
- Expectation of a 45-55 hour work week.
Support & Communication
- Works directly with the General Manager on specific store performance issues that have been prioritized for action by the Vice President of Business Development.
- Assists General Manager in all aspects of restaurant management including but not limited to, prime cost analysis and controls (Cost of Goods, Labour), training and development of staff, and general execution of the MR. MIKES® system in accordance with Rammp standards.
- Works with General Manager to develop and implement action plans that improve cost of goods (food, liquor, wine, beer) and labour. Attends weekly Key Staff Meetings to ensure target results are being achieved.
- Supports implementation of new operational programs, systems and procedures. Follows up to ensure that staff are aware of new methods and are using them correctly.
- Communicates feedback from the staff to the General Manager. Communicates recommendations for improvements to the General Manager.
- Relentless follow up to all restaurant cleaning checklists and opening/closing checklists.
- Recommendation and implementation of systems to ensure all standards laid out in the OER are at the highest level.
- Works with General Manager to improve quality standards, staff performance, customer service and execution.
- Offers recommendations for changes to procedures where General Manager may be unaware of alternative methods.
- Initiates action plans and follow up meetings with staff to communicate deficiencies noted as a result of OER assessments. When necessary, advises General Manager of compliance issues which may need the attention of Mr. Mikes Restaurants.
- Follows up with staff on the results of Mystery Shopper visits, Customer comment cards, surveys etc.
- Works proactively with General Manager on the resolution of Customer complaints and the necessary actions to eliminate future complaints of similar nature.
- Works closely with the General Manager to ensure that all OER practices in the restaurant are consistent with Mr. Mike’s standards
- Acts as a liaison between the staff and the General Manager about concerns and recommendations on matters related to OER.
New Store Openings, Renovations – Possible
- Participates as part of store openings in a leadership role. This will require a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the operating standards and procedures and the ability to follow corporate guidelines for new store openings and renovations. Travel will be a part of this aspect of the position.
- When participating in store openings or renovations, assists team in preparing proper post opening/renovation debriefings and recommendations are made for continuous improvement of the Store Opening/Renovation process.
- Assists in the establishment and achievement of the operating budget for the restaurant.
- Acts as an instructor in the Franchisee/Management Training Program as required by the Operations Department
- Responsible for remaining informed and interested in the foodservice industry, drawing to the attention of Rammp the trends, concepts, or ideas that may have application for MR. MIKES® SteakhouseCasual.
- Leads and/or participates in specific projects which may be assigned by Director of Operations or Operations Manager from time to time.
- May take on additional day to day restaurant responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Department in the absence of a Restaurant General Manager.
- High School Graduation
- Post – Secondary Education considered an enhanced asset but not a requirement
- Minimum 3 years of Front of House experience (one of which must be in a supervisory or management role) in high volume, casual dining restaurant
- Provincial Food Safety Certification
- Provincial Responsible Alcohol Service Certification
- Provincial First Aid/WCB Certification
- Details for all remuneration, benefits, vacation entitlements outlined in separate employment contract